Choosing a new handbag is an important decision for any woman today. A handbag isn’t just a fashion accessory, it is an integral part of our daily life, guarding our intimate secrets, reflecting our personality and style and being the finishing touch to our image.
When you buy a handbag you want to invest in the best that you can afford, to buy something that will last for years and look good all the time. Finding an affordable luxury handbag isn’t always easy, especially when you live in a small town, Even in cities where you have the luxury of choice, it can still be hard to find an affordable quality handbag in between the high prices of designer labels and the cheap replicas on market stalls.
This is where the internet is indispensable. Online you can search for the exact bag that will suit your personal needs without the exhaustion and frustration of traffic and busy malls. You can relax with a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and browse to your heart’s content:
• You will have all the time you want to think about your needs without being rushed into a decision
• You’ll have far more choice and visit many more leather and bag outlets online than you ever could in bricks and mortar stores, so be able to compare prices and quality.
• You’ll be able to access shops all over the world, being able to discover real gems of bags in countries like Italy with long traditions of skilled leatherwork, that are just not available for sale in your local shops.
• Online shops are open day and night, year round, so you can shop whenever suits you, even in the middle of the night if you have just got in from a great evening and feel like a spot of retail therapy!
Before you start looking, give yourself some parameters to start with, to help define your search. The internet is such a huge place that if you just type ‘handbag’ into the search bar you will get nowhere. You need to refine your search so that you get what you are looking for.
• Think about the sorts of leathers you like. Do you want to go for an exotic leather such as python or ostrich? Then search for companies that specialize in those leathers, as exotic leathers need specialist sills and experience to produce quality products.
• Do you want to search for makers in a particular country that you know is famous for its leather goods e.g. Italy?
• Set a realistic budget for yourself. This will save you hours of browsing through tempting designer bags at five figure prices that are out of reach.
• Define what you want to use this bag for. Do you need a functional and elegant day bag that will take all your things for work and play or are you looking for an elegant evening bag to match a particular outfit?
Thinking about these things in advance will save you losing yourself on the internet in daydreams that may be pleasant but which are not finding you your dream bag. When you find yourself drifting off on a wild goose chase after a designer bag encrusted with diamonds, you can pull yourself up, bookmark that site to look at for fun another day and get back to your own personal quest for the affordable, luxury handbag that has your name written on it.
Kit Heathcock is a freelance writer contributing to Gleni the Italian luxury handbag maker’s website. Read more on this year’s luxury handbag fashion colors or start looking for your perfect luxury handbag now.